Friday, April 23, 2010

Sport Photography


All these days I have been strugging to decide on which gener of photography I should take on or work on. I was trying my hand at all kind of sujects right from reverse lens macros to Astro Photography.

I was the only phtographer for my collegues who used to play cricket once in while on weekends. I managed to get some interesting photographs for them. But then being in India and I felt cricket photography is just an another thing as every day you get to view atleast 5 to 6 fabulous cricketing photographs either on web or e-mails or newspapers. I never realised that this can be a gener on itseld :P

Then one fine day I came across a post on "
Team-BHP" which was related to a Drag Race held at Hyderabad(Deccan quarter mile drag) by APMSC. It was first of its kind even for me and then decided to attend and capture the event through my first D-SLR Canon 400D.

Being a auto enthusiast I enjoyed watching the race and had good time learning few new tricks like panning. This race was part of APMSC's stratergy to promote the motor sport in Hyderabad which was almost not present since 1980s. APMSC continued conducting drag races every quarter after that. I ended up at these events with my camera and I realised that I was improving with ever race. Then someone advised me that sports photography is good gener to work and I decided to give it a try.

I am going to use this blog to show you my work as a sports photographer(as on now I have only had chance to work on Cricket and Motor Sport)

No comments: